Use of Prepositions with Examples!
Preposition Definition Use of Prepositions with Examples
A pronoun is a word used to link nouns, pronouns, or phrases with other words in a sentence. They make connections with people, objects, time, and places of a sentence. Prefixes often tell us where one noun is related to another. Here we will discuss the proper use of the adjective. Use of Prepositions with Examples
- Don’t laugh______ poor people.
- He was accused of stealing ________.
- Please, give _______ smoking.
- He will not turn ________ my request. (of, at, up, down)
- He was very kind _______ animals
- I arrived late ______ at the office today.
- What time is ________ your watch?
- He leaned against the _________ pillar. (by, to, for, against)
- Don’t look down on _______ poor people.
- He was deprived of _______ his watch.
- The princess was married to a ________ hero.
- Send this letter _______ to my address. (over. to, to, to)
- He was addicted to smoking ______.
- I have been waiting for ________ my friend.
- We cannot trust him _______.
- You will have to answer ________ for your actions. (open, for, to, for)
- He was not at school __________.
- She sucked _______- her lessons.
- You must keep ______ your promise.
- We must stop _______ lying. (by, by, by, from)
- The chairperson presides over the _________ meeting.
- This road leads to ________ Lahore.
- Walking in the morning helps _____ health.
- Lahore is a popular garden of _____. (to, more, to, of)
WORDS FOLLOWED BY PREPOSITION
Ali is a _______ smoker addict.
He was charged with theft of ______.
I am late for _____ college.
He was being chased_______ by car. (so that, because, and more)
I do not agree with your suggestion _______.
My friend approved my ______ request.
They are all shocked _____news. Use of Prepositions with Examples
He came down _______ into the house. (to, to, at, from)
I swear to God. Use of Prepositions with Examples
Please stop smoking ______.
She is useless ______ her beauty.
Listen to _____ my speech. (by, of, from, to)
He does not see _______ one eye.
She has _______ skills in English.
You should not know _______law.
She is not entitled to ______ (to, by, to, to)
Congratulations ______ your success.
He walks _______ road.
You suffer from _______ Malaria.
It is best to write ________ ink. (from, on, on, to)
Muslims believe in _______ in Allah.
The poor live on the ______ hand of the mouth.
You will blame _____.
We have discussed the details of ______. (to, for, to, in)
I will stand ________ at a difficult time.
You prevented me _________ from going there.
Leo was offended by my _____ performance.
Death is better than ______ shame.
Anna focused ______ on her studies.
Nora gave _______ smoking.
This shirt is ______ comfortable for me. (to, inside, up, to)
Let me introduce you to ____ my friends.
Adil was suffering from _____ the flu.
You will never see the _______me program.
It is not easy to separate ______ the items you like. (to, by, through, by)
He doesn’t care __________ me.
What time is ______ your watch?
You invited me to ______ tea.
Pay me _______. (for, by, to, for)
People have been deprived of their rights _________.
Bushra was sitting ______ at him.
Akram was pardoned _________ for going to class.
You must use _______ this opportunity. (of, aside, from, of)
Consistently ______ what you say.
Tired of _____ attitude.
Hurry, time is running______.
Trust ________ God. (Inside, outside, inside)
Rexona will spread ________ his weight.
Newton _________ in our classroom. Use of Prepositions with Examples
I will stand ______ until the end.
WORDS FOLLOWED BY PREPOSITION
In this case, he was wrong ______. (More, by, by, by)
The old man was shouting______ his servant.
You prevented me ______ from going there.
Please, do not find fault with others ______. (at, from, to, with)
We should not brag about _______ our wealth.
Wish ____ car.
He was charged with theft of _______.
They were laughing at ________ comedian. (of, for, with, at)
It is wrong to depend on others to _________.
He sold a horse __________ Rs. 50000.
America is a _____ war with Iraq.
You tried to force me _____. (to, because, to, to)
I’m dying to ___________ a cup of tea.
No _____ money for me.
I met him _____ opportunity.
People have been denied _____ rights. (for, on, by, of)
Writes ______ red ink.
Take care of _________ your health.
Leone invited me to ________ tea.
Discipline is a great success _______. (to, of, to, to)
Loved by ______ his students. Use of Prepositions with Examples
Please bring it to the office.
He holds a __________ fortune.
Neha feels inclined ________ to serve others. (with, of, after, to)
Download PDF of “Use of Prepositions with Examples” below.